Friday, December 10, 2010

pure magic...

As if my love for Zooey Deschanel could get any deeper...

My affection for this adorable hipster is well documented but she took it to another level this week when she performed with her musical partner M. Ward on Conan. For those who don't know Deschanel and Ward perform together as the aptly titled She & Him and just released their second album of beautiful indie rock this year. The duo rolled through an incredible cover of the Screamin' Jay Hawkins classis "I Put a Spell on You" that nearly had me weeping. Deshcanel has always had a great voice, deeper and more resonate than you'd expect coming from a tiny body in an impeccable vintage Chanel but this performance absolutely blew me away. Its like somewhere inside her lives a soulful, heartbroken african american woman in her late 40's. Enjoy...and if you need me I'll be sitting outside Zooey Deschanel's house in a tree with binoculars doing a little semi-harmless stalking.

No comments:

Post a Comment